helping American students interested in study
abroad in Poland or Polish Studies in the US
Polish Academic Information Center's
@ Throughout, click this on this symbol to see the source of the quoted information.
Polish Studies at Penn State University
The University's website lists a few courses in the area of Polish Studies, but these are not currently being offered. The website also lists a number of faculty members who have studied in Poland or are intersted in some aspect of life there.
Polish Studies Courses
- POL 100 Polish Culture and Civilization @
- COURSE DESCRIPTION: Survey of Polish
culture and civilization from 966 to the present.
- POL 001/002/003 Beginning Polish I, II, & III@
- COURSE DESCRIPTION: An three course elementary sequence
to enable the student to achieve a measure of proficiency in reading and speaking Polish.
META-FACULTY - Faculty who have studied and/or taught at Polish institutions of higher education or have signifcant research interest relating to Poland
- Kulakowski, Bohdan T., Professor of Mechanical Engineering,
Penn State University @
- Ph.D., Polish Academy of Sciences, 1972.
Phone: (814) 865 - 7181 / Fax: (814) 863-4848 / E-Mail: email@example.com
MAJOR INTERESTS: Automatic Control Systems,
Modeling of Dynamic Systems, Transportation Systems.
- Makalowski, Wojciech, Professor of Biology, Penn State
- Ph.D., Poznan University, 1991
Phone: (814) 865-5025 / Fax: (814) 865-9366 / E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MAJOR INTERESTS: Comparative genomic of
- Miller, David E., Professor of Physics, Penn State University
- Ph.D., State University of New York, 1971.
Phone: (570) 450-3083 / Fax: (570) 450-3182 / E-Mail: email@example.com
MAJOR INTERESTS: Theoretical Physics and
Fundamental Interactions at High Energies
POLAND RELATED SCHOLARSHIP:-Fulbright Scholarship,
University of Wroclaw, 1997.
- Ruzyllo, Jerzy, Professor of Electrical Engineering, Penn State University
- Ph.D., Warsaw University of Technology
Phone: (814) 865-5193 / Fax: (814) 865-7065 / E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MAJOR INTERESTS: Manufacturing methods
and devices for microelectronics as well as processing and characterization
of electronic materials.
Assistant Professor of Business Administration, Penn State University
- Ph.D., Warsaw School of Economics
Phone: (814) 375 4707 / Fax: . . . / E-Mail: email@example.com
MAJOR INTERESTS:Corporate Mangements and Marketing
POLAND RELATED SCHOLARSHIP:
- "A Case Study Using Systems Dynamics to Investigate Cross Cultural Corporate
Management In Poland" in Poland Keytext Publ.Co., pp 37-52, 1997
- "Advanced Technology and Entrepreneurship Opportunities: Examples In Poland" The Journal of East-West Business, 7:: 61-81, 2001
- "Beyond Privatization: Business Logistics in the new Polish Economy", Midwest
Review of International Business Research, XVI, pp. 53, 2002.
- "Perspective on Cross-Cultural Corporate Management: A Case Study In Poland,"
Midwest Review of International Business Research, IX, pp. 130-139, 1995.
Alexander Professor of Astronomy and Astrophysics, Penn State University @
- Ph.D., Nicolaus Copernicus University, 1975
Phone: (814) 863-1756 / Fax: (814) 863-3399 / E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MAJOR INTERESTS: Searches for planetary systems, Experimental gravitation, Searches for radio pulsars and pulsar timing.
Last updated 10/06/05