|Info Poland student |
students interested in study
abroad in Poland or Polish Studies
in the US
Throughout, click this on this symbol to see the source of the
Polish Studies at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
Located within a short drive of the Shawnee National Forest, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale with over 20,000 students it lays a claim to being the second largest comprehensive university in Illinois..
338-3 HIS Eastern Europe @
- COURSE DESCRIPTION: An historical survey of the Eastern Europe area from the Baltic to the Balkans, with emphasis on the modern Era
COURSE INSTRUCTOR: Weeks, T.
Theodore R. , Associate Professor of History, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
- Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley, 1992
Phone: 618.453.7874 / Fax: fax 618.453.5440 / E-Mail: email@example.com
Ethnic Relations and Assimilation; Polish-Jewish relations during the period 1855 to 1914 and the effect thereon of the restrictions placed by the Russian authorities on Polish culture and political life.
POLAND RELATED SCHOLARSHIP:
- "A National Triangle: Lithuanians, Poles and the Russian Imperial Government." In Catherine Evtuhov, Boris Gasparov et
al., eds. Kazan, Moscow, St. Petersburg: Multiple Faces of the Russian Empire. Moscow: O.G.I., 1997, pp. 365-380.
- "Nationality and Municipality: Reforming City Government In the Kingdom of Poland," Russian History/Histoire Russe, XXI, No. 1 (Spring 1994), 23-47.
- "Defining Us and Them: Poles and Russians in the 'Western Provinces', 1863-1914," Slavic Review, LIII, No. 1 (Spring 1994), 26-40.
- "Lithuanians, Poles and the Russian Imperial Government at the Turn of the Century," Journal of Baltic Studies, XXV, No. 4 (Winter 1994), 289-304.
- "Defending Our Own: Government and the Russian Minority in the Kingdom of Poland, 1905-1914," The Russian Review, LIV, No. 4 (October 1995), 539-551.
- "The 'End' of the Uniate Church in Russia: The Vozsoedinenie of 1875," Jahrbücher für Geschichte Osteuropas, XLIV (1995), 1-13.
- "Polish 'Progressive Antisemitism,' 1905-1914." East European Jewish Affairs, XXV, No. 2 (1995), 49-68.
- "Poles, Jews, and Russians 1863-1914: The Death of the Ideal of Assimilation in the Kingdom of Poland." South East European Monitor, III, No. 3 (1996), 36-54.
- "The 'International Jewish Conspiracy' Reaches Poland: Teodor Jeske-Choi ski and His Works." East European Quarterly, XXI, No. 1 (March 1997), 21-41.
- "Fanning the Flames: Jews in the Warsaw Press,1905-1912." East European Jewish Affairs (November 1998).
- "Polish Jews and Jewish Poles: Assimilation in Russian Poland, 1863-1914." Polin: A Journal of Polish-Jewish Studies, vol. 12 (1999).
- "Polish-Jewish Relations 1903-1914: The View From the Chancellory," Canadian Slavonic Papers XL, 3-4, September-December 1998, pp. 233-249
META-FACULTY - Faculty who have studied and/or taught at Polish institutions of higher education
Edward Professor, Department of Mathematics, Southern Illinois University
- Ph.D., University of Wroclaw, 1972
Phone: (618) 453-6501 / Fax: . . . / E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Numerical analysis with special emphasis on spline functions, Special functions, Inequalities.
Marek Associate Professor, Department of Engineering, Southern Illinois University
- Ph.D., Wroclaw Technical, 1977
Phone: (618) 453-7833 / Fax: . . . / E-Mail: email@example.com
Passive and Active Noise Control, Acoustical Materials, Fluid power and fluid transport phenomena.
Tomasz Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Engineering, Southern Illinois University
- Ph.D., Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences
Phone: (618) 453-7000 / Fax: . . . / E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heterogeneous catalysis, solid state and materials engineering, reactor design, environmental engineering and pollution control.